Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Couch to 5k

I realized years ago that purchasing and watching the old Jane Fonda exercise video did not work.  You actually have to do the exercises too.  Go figure!

Henry and I are comfortable and content to sit in our comfy chair and check out what our fellow doggie bloggers are up to.  Like the Fonda video, that activity does not count as exercise.

So....when my younger daughter said she was starting "Couch to 5K" app on her phone, Henry and I decided to give it a try too.  We already do go for our 20 minute walk a time or two a day but this app actually requires brisk walking alternating with jogging -- or in my case, tottering.

If any of you guys would like to join us, Henry and I would love company - even if it is just on line.  I haven't run - even a little - for the last 20 years so if you are competitive, this will probably be an easy win!  

Are you in?

Day One Workout:
I only went 18 minutes and 20 seconds out of the 30 minutes required day one.  The first 10 minutes I alternated brisk walk and job that my app-trainer, Constance, told me to do.  Guess what, my brisk walk seemed to be as fast as my jog, but the jog used a whole set of different muscles.  Those muscles strenuously objected for the second half of the walk, so the remainder was just a brisk walk.  I'm thinking I'll use day one again for the second out of three attempts this week.

And Henry? He had no problem keeping up although he wanted to side trip and sniff - he understood this was something different.

No comments:

Post a Comment