Monday, October 10, 2011

Grooming

10:30 a.m.
We will see!  Henry went in to visit Dr.Throgmorton to have his stitches checked - it all looks great - and since I was there, I checked out the grooming center.
  
I do not want Henry's beautiful locks buzzed off.  I just want a bit on his tush gone, between his toes, and a little off where it overlaps his eyes.  Nails trimmed, ears cleaned. I like his furry fluffy self.  So, he is there until four-ish and I am having separation anxiety. 

This is the "before" shot.
12:30 p.m.  
No Henry - no walk.  We did one hour earlier, but I'm getting used to this out-with-the-dog business. Guess I'll go clean up the doggie stuff in the back yard. Yes...quality alone time!


2:00 p.m. 
The clock seems to really slow down with Henry at the groomer. I must go do something!


3:10 p.m.
Hum. Is this desperation? I went to JoAnn Fabrics.  They are having a sale. I got three dog clothes patterns: $1.00 each (they were $13 to $15 patterns) plus velcro. Will I make the clothes? Am I just finding excuses to not clean the ceramic studio walls? They have not called for me to pick up Henry yet. I guess they really did mean 4 p.m.   Please, please, please let them follow the no-cut directions!



4:30 p.m.
Otto, our male cat met the transformed Henry with distain.  "What the heck?  He looks like a pinhead."  I thought that was harsh.  


Vivika, our female cat had another take on the transformation.  "Who could possibly care.  He is a dog."


Greg voiced a comparison to a "David Bowie" aging rocker haircut.


They over-trimmed the bit above his eyes, but he can see and as for the rest, he has already chewed off the scarf and when his nap is over, he'll go out in roll in the dirt. He does look a bit like the halo is just barely out of sight right now. 



I asked to see the boarding facilities.  I don't know what I expected, but I was not impressed.  Thank goodness we have Marilyn and Kathy to come and visit our guys when we cannot take them with us.  The boarding spot comes highly recommended and it is top ranked in our city.  It was clean and well organized, but although no pups were crying, they all seemed incredibly sad and that's not how it is suppose to be.  

4 comments:

  1. For overly furry dogs like this, I highly recommend a hair tonic & conditioner called "Nair." Just a little bit and the hair becomes wonderfully easy to manage........... he he

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll run out and get some right away! Thanks Randy. I can always count on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please, please, please no dogie clothes. Well, unless it's raingear and rubber boots for his visits here. We are somewhat worried about your state of mind when we hear you're out shopping for hound haberdashery. Please call the Puppy Parent Physiotherapy Phone @ 360-355-2406, 7, or 8 if you feel yourself slipping further.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey - I know it is Southern California, but it get cold here in the morning and evening. Henry gets as shivery as I do, and I put on a sweatshirt when I need it. Besides, it is way fun to give it a shot! I will be calling the Puppy Parent Physiotherapy hot line if I feel it is getting out of hand and Greg is monitoring the problem closely.

    ReplyDelete